|Vol. 19 No. 45||
Monday June 8, 2020
Virgin Cargo Flying High
Right now as the airlines struggle to get back to where they once belonged passenger wise, Dominic Kennedy, Managing Director of Virgin Atlantic Cargo while reflecting on a pretty good month of May looks to double down the impact his group of logisticians are delivering to the airline.
“May was an historic month for our cargo business, which is a quite remarkable achievement given the current trading environment.
“As well as demonstrating our customers’ confidence in Virgin Atlantic, this is a tribute to everyone in the airline who remains so committed to maintaining our customer offering despite the uncertainties which persist in the market. June will see this offering grow again and we are hoping for similar customer support now we have proven the resilience of our cargo-only flying program with a total of 601 flights – 597 cargo-only services and 4 repatriation flights for the UK’s Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO).
Upcoming June Virgin Cargo Action Plan:
• June launch of daily flights connecting London Heathrow and Beijing
• Virgin Atlantic’s first-ever flights to Brussels, arriving from New York JFK before connecting directly to London twice-a-week.
• Three flights a week to Chicago, began service Thursday June 4.
• Increased Mumbai services to three a week, with UK departures every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from June 6
• Three-times weekly London-Atlanta flights from June 9
• A return to Nigeria with weekly Lagos flights to and from London
• Increase to daily flights to and from Hong Kong
“Our growing schedule means cargo customers now have access to direct cargo capacity connecting London, New York JFK, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Johannesburg, Tel Aviv, Lagos, Mumbai, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Beijing and Brussels.
Kales Airline Services, Virgin general sales agency in Brussels will market VS Cargo increased direct capacity in Belgium.”
If You Missed Any Of The Previous 3 Issues Of FlyingTypers
Access complete issue by clicking on issue icon or
Access specific articles by clicking on article title
Vol. 19 No. 42
Take These Words To Heart
Air Cargo's Intrinisic Value
Truckers Invite Children Into The Picture
Chuckles for May 21, 2020
Remembering Jack Zembeck
Don't let the Parade Pass you by
Publisher-Geoffrey Arend • Managing Editor-Flossie Arend •
Film Editor-Ralph Arend • Special Assignments-Sabiha Arend, Emily Arend • Advertising Sales-Judy Miller
comments and news to firstname.lastname@example.org